Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Civil War Quilt Finish and Caswell Quilt started

This quilt was a block of the week pattern by Barbara Brackman started in 2011.
To make it more interesting I made two blocks of the same and swapped with a friend so we would have more variety in the quilt with different fabrics.

The blocks have been sitting in a box waiting for a suitable fabric and inspiration.
Finally a couple of weeks ago I purchased a stack of civil war fabrics and finished up the top.

It's not going to be quilted just yet as I have a few more blocks for another project ready to be assembled and I want to do several other fun projects.

But I am just glad the top is finished !


And this is one of the new projects I have started ! The Caswell Quilt ..

The Caswell Quilt  was inspired by the famous Caswell Carpet which resides in the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. It's made up of thirty appliquéd blocks of flowers & leaves, birds & butterflies on two different background fabrics.

 The pattern came from  Threadbear shop and I'll be working on it gradually along with my other projects. No doubt it will take a few years to complete like previous applique projects I have done along the years.

My friend Lynne is also doing the same quilt.  She does beautiful applique and this is her block.  We are trying to inspire each other to work on this quilt but she doesn't need much motivation at this stage with 7 blocks already made.
 


Next blog post I should be able to show you a quilt I had started late last year and the top is almost done ..

Can you guess which one ?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...