Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Travelling anyone ???

We all have our own ways of organising our documents and other valuable items when we travel.

I made myself my own travel organiser wallet from these two gorgeous fabrics depiting landmarks of Sydney and Melbourne.

To personalise even more I made some embroidery for the front.


I didn't have a pattern but I knew I needed a couple of more secured pockets, so I added zipper to them.



Made a place for the pens along the centre.

On one side, I used the fabric for Melbourne that shows MCG (Melbourne Cricket Ground), trams, The Arts Centre, Flinders Street Station, palm trees, etc...


On the other side, I used the fabric with Sydney's landmarks such as the Opera House, the Bridge, surfing, etc..


I also made a matching pouch with a little teddy to accompany me on my travels...
The teddy took a lot longer to make than the pouch..



 Here they are together ready to be used...





I want to give a shout-out to my friend Gloria's blog, Panos, Linhas e Pontos ; she is an artist and I enjoy looking at her fabric creations as well.  Have a look at her latest project which is a very creative and beautiful table topper.

On another topic; I am open for suggestions to what format is more popular for blog posts.
Some people love to read posts with more text while others want lots of pictures. I always feel that images tell the story better than lots of words for crafty projects but I guess it's a question of balance...
Another thing I am trying to establish, is what is the best time to blog ? I don't finish lots of projects every week so I don't generally post more than once a week. But do people check blogs more on weekends or weekdays ?

Anyway, please give me some feedback as I'm trying to focus om improving the way I share my projects with people.

Thank you for all my followers and the encouragement I receive...

5 comments:

  1. I too am curious about the best time to post. I catch up on my blog reading usually in the morning every day and occasionally in the afternoon or evening. Like you I love a blog with a picture or two but I also enjoy reading the story behind the photos. So I guess that answer was pretty vague and not much help at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice set. The travel organizer is wonderful. Love the fabric. The pouch is great,too and the bear is so cute.
    Loved our chat last night ( for me), early today ( for you). It's nice to talk about quilting and stuff.
    Have a nice Sunday.
    Beijos,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought some of the Sydney fabric too - it is fabulous isn't it. I love what you did with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Celia,
    achei uma excelente idéia este organizador. Uma maneira ótima para levar os documentos de viagem.
    Adorei o tecido, combina com a finalidade do trabalho. Obrigada por mencionar meu blog.
    Beijinhos e uma linda semana.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant idea and a great way to keep organised.

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...