Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Monday, April 16, 2012

CWB block completed, Wool fabric and more AQC quilts

My 15th block done... 5 to go and borders. The feathers weren't as difficult as I expected and I used blanket stitch for the feet and beak.



For sometime now I have seen quilts and other smaller items done using wool. It always looks so primitive and effective, so I have purchased a table runner kit and a stack of wool pieces to begin a stash.  I am told that working with wool is quick, easy and addictive !


For those who follow my blog, it's not a surprise that I love music. Mainly Smooth Jazz and Classical.  I have had the opportunity from time to time to attend live shows in my hometown as well as overseas.  Later in the year I'm going on a Smooth Jazz cruise in the Mediterranean so I've been thinking about making a quilt to celebrate that occasion.

While I was at AQC show on Saturday with so many vendors all in one venue it was the perfect time to look for music themed fabrics.  I was lucky to get quite a few fat quarters but if you know of online stores that do sell music themed fabrics please let me know...
I used my daughter's trumpet as part of the prop to show you my lovely fabrics.
 




Here are some more pictures of the quilts that I saw over the weekend at the Australasian Quilt Convention.  They are so unique and at the highest quality.


I noticed that many quilts have circular shapes, so I wonder if that's a trend we are going through at the moment...














8 comments:

  1. Hello Celia,

    Good luck with your wool project and musical one too. Thanks for taking those photo's of the quilts at Melbourne.

    Good luck with the last five blocks.

    happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your block and lovely collection of music fabrics too. Thanks for sharing your photos of the quilts - some absolutely gorgeous ones and so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love circle blocks right now and I think you are correct, they do seem to be trending. Thanks for posting the picture of that incredible rose quilt, so interesting. Have fun with the wool it really is fun and addicting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Celia,

    seu bloco está belíssimo com cores vibrantes. As compras foram ótimas, adorei os tecidos relativo ao jazz, quero ver depois de pronto. Sobre as mantas da feira de patchwork, quando olho vejo que ainda tenho muito que aprender e aperfeiçoar.
    Tenha uma boa semana. Beijinhos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Celia,
    Thank you for sharing so many wonderful quilts. Some of them are real master pieces. I wonder if I will ever have the chance to make something similar.
    Love your civil war bride block. The fabrics you chose for the tail are great, it almost looks like a paradise bird.
    Wool is great to work with, nice and smooth and doesn't fray at all, I think you have an addiction on thw way.
    Beijinhos,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. love all the quilt's let us know about the wool

    ReplyDelete
  7. coucou Celia !!!!

    félicitations j'aime beaucoup ton blog il n'y à que des jolies choses !!!!!!!!

    amitiés de france

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning work.
    good luck with your wool projects.
    I would love the chance to start with the CWB quilt.
    Still I need to source the fabrics a bit more.

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...