Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Gloria Vanderbilt Quilt

I haven't completed any projects that I can blog about since my return from South Africa to celebrate significant birthdays of family members.

My brother has a vast library of approximatelly 10,000 books of various topics.  Art books makes up a large part of his collection.  He showed me a book by Wendy Goodman about Gloria Vanderbilt.

Style icon Gloria Vanderbilt dabbled in interior design  for a period and this is her take on quilting.
She had the entire room decorated with quilts - walls, ceiling, furniture, even the floor had quilts glued down and coated with polyurethane.




Here she is wearing a coat to match her room also.





And now for some music.... Lisa McClowry - Come Dancing.

It'a a favourite song of one of my family members dedicated to me...


2 comments:

  1. Just goes to show you that money doesn't buy good taste - quilts laminated and polyurethaned indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you imagine gluing down a quilt and then polyurethane over it? I guess that is why she is a style icon.

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...