Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Hawaiian Dresden

Its been quite a while since I finished something substancial...
This quilt top began when I decided to use up my fabrics I purchased last year in Hawaii when I did a cruise of the islands.
My intension was to do a small lap quilt which would be quick and easy using the rulers... but it turned out a lot bigger than I intended. It measures about 83" (2.10 metres)...
When I completed 3 x 3 blocks, I still had a lot of fabric left, so I decided to add a few more blocks.... before I knew it I added the border and a few more dresden plates...
I still have a fair bit of fabrics left to add to my stash.
I like the way it turned out.
I won't be quilting it straight away and most likely will be sent away to be professionally done...

The photo is not the best as it was taken late in the afternoon on a cloudy day...