Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Orca Bay part 4, Civil War blocks and Button Collection

I have started Part 4 of Orca Bay mystery quilt.
I have a lot of red fabrics so the variety will make the blocks quite interesting...
Hope to complete the required blocks before part 5 is published next Friday.



Barbara Brackman's  weekly block quilt-along is coming to an end, so I'm trying to catch up with previous blocks.
Here's three more done.



Susan made me this one.



I have been preparing the pieces for another Civil War Bride block but not quite enough done to show at the moment.

I'll share with you some of my collection of buttons, starting with the novelty ones....
Some I have purchased in Australia, others in New York, Toronto and Johannesburg.



These are just odds and ends and quite a few came from my grand-mother's sewing box over 30 year's ago.