Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Finally completed a project !
I've been busy with work and since returning from holidays my sewing routine has not settled.

I made this table topper from some pieces of a charm pack I had purchased years ago called Woodland Bloom by Lila Tueller. The colours are fresh and have a modern feeling which I'm enjoying more and more working with this style.



I didn't use a pattern because the flowers, leaves and stems were all cut from the dies from the AccQuilt. Everything was machine applique and pieced including the binding. I want to design a few more projects using many of the dies I've been acquiring as they are so easy and so fun to do.



 My friend Jan-Maree sent me these two pieces of chess board fabric... how cute is that ?
She knows that my daughter plays competition chess.  I'm thinking it will look nice for a tote but if you have some suggestions please let me know.

I decided to show you my thimble collection I've had for a little while.



Most of these thimbles remind me of the places I visited both in Australia and overseas and some thimbles have been gifts from friends who live in other places I am yet to visit.

My daughter is showing off my favourite thimbles which we bought together on our travels to Catalina Island, Washington DC, Hawaii,  International Quilt Market in Houston and of course New York. 


As part of my swap with Jan-Maree, she sent me these lovely stars...


And a stack of 1930's fabrics... too adorable....


12 comments:

  1. Your table topper is awesome. I love the bright colors and the flowers give it a nice touch.
    I, too have a couple of thimbles like yours. They're lovely and a great souvenir.
    Great swap items, you're a lucky girl.
    Beijos,
    Teresa
    P.S.- Telefona quando quiseres.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like all the goodies - love that table runner - really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table topper looks great! I think I have a charm pack of that fabric. I'll have to get it out and make something. It's too pretty to just leave sitting around! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Table Topper is really Pretty...Great Thimble Collection you have going...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table topper is sweet and I love the thimble collection. I too am feeling a bit more modern these days. Something about bright colors seems so right these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Olá Célia,

    ficou lindo o seu trabalho e linda as combinações das estampas dos tecidos. As flores completaram a harmonia do projeto. Parabéns pelos presentes. Adorei a coleção de dedais. Já foste a Toledo na Espanha? Lá tem dedais maravilhosos, eu que não coleciono fiquei encantada.

    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely collection and the table topper is just beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The design and fabric work beautifully together in that little table topper. Lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Olá Célia!!
    Adoro o novo visual do blog, mais "soft"!! Deixei um desafio pra ti no meu blog!! Não é obrigatório é só uma brincadeira, mas era giro que participasses...
    Bjinhos

    ReplyDelete
  10. I stopped by from bonnie Hunter's blog. Oh, what a great handful of thimbles! I've seen people collect those glass or porcelain ones, they are so special.
    I'm definitly coming back to look at your tote tutorial! Love that rich pink and brown!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful collection of thimbles and memories!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have quite a thimble collection. How fun that they hold memories of travels (or future travels) for you and your daughter. Found your blog through Bonnie's thimble link up.

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...