Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Lap Quilt and Journal Cover

Apologies for the quality of the photos.
This is a large lap quilt I made for a colleague at work who is turning 60 years old next week.  He doesn't know about if yet but the funny thing is that last week he saw me looking at a quilting magazine and casually said "one day you have to make me "...
So I think he'll like it or at a minimum will be surprised that he's getting one.
 

Here is a close-up of the quilting; having the quilting machine allows me to finish a quilt of this type in less than a couple of days.
The block is the Disappearing Nine Patch and all the fabrics came from my stash.


After cleaning up my studio I didn't want to start anything large, so I made this journal cover to give my aunty as a gift.
The applique is wool and were left overs from a previous project.


And now for some music:

It's no secret that I adore Chris Botti's music so when he joined Michael Buble in this beautiful song "A song for You" I had to add to the list of all time favourites.
The other version of this song that I also love is done by  Mike Hucknall from the group "Simply Red".

 

3 comments:

  1. The quilt is awesome an your quilting has improved immensely. The swirls are perfect.Love the journal cover, the wool applique gives it a tridimensional effect. Well done!
    How is everything going? we're doing well here, maybe the storm has gone by but we are still waiting for the sunny days.
    Beijinhos,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice quilt - VERY masculine so your colleague should enjoy it - how fun to give him this as a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celia,
    Linda manta!! sua amiga vai adorar com certeza, pois é um belo presente.
    A capa de caderno ficou "show"!, como se diz aqui no Brasil.
    Beijinhos.

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...