Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Mini Log Cabin - playing with scraps

I have been making these 4 1/2 inch blocks for a while to use up some of my tiny scraps.
I used thin interfacing as foundation.
There were over 100 blocks stacked up so it was a good time to join them up.
I wasn't sure what configuration to place them as they had been randomly sewn, so this is what I came up with. I hope you can see a star in the centre...


This is a close up of some of the blocks....
I used fabrics from all collections, some I no longer like, from leftover projects and some are years old but when it's all in the mix they look just fine.
I think I will continue to add more blocks as I enjoy making these cuties....


I also completed all the blocks for my current scrap quilt  (Queen size) but haven't decided what the border is going to look like. It has been a fair bit of work with so many scraps in each block but it has been worth it !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...