Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Monday, August 4, 2014

Scrap Star Quilt and more...

I don't post as often as I once did because the projects I am working take a lot longer.
The Caswell blocks are hand-applique and they take a while to complete and also I can't stop playing with my scraps.
I am left now with a large box of small scraps but these are being put to good use.

I made another 38 mini-log cabin blocks to add to the quilt in progress. 

 I have quilted my Spring quilt which I pieced recently and loved the way it turned out.
 And this is another reason why the recent projects are taking quite a while to finish.
A lot of seams to join in all the blocks.  Each block comes from 'made up fabric' so it stands to reason that it takes a fair bit of time to complete each block.
And the other thing I noticed is that these quilts are bigger than what I intended them to be...
 

 But it's heaps of fun playing with all the scraps... wait until I play with the stash !
Actually I am waiting for this years mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter when I really get stuck into my stash and end up with lots of scraps too...

Are you going to participate in Bonnie's mystery later in the year ?

 


I am working with 2 projects at the moment, so I'll post again when I have at least some significant progress to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...