I often think that I don't finish as many projects as I once did but then realise that projects such as these take a long time to cut with so many fabrics involved.
Each block has 10 different fabrics of the same colour family and then the background is the same throughout.
The bright green fabric I bought in Hawaai and the mustard border I have had it for many years.
The top is almost big enough for a single bed and I still have some fabrics left for the sashing so I may still end up adding another row.
On the subject of scraps, I have started the 'leaders and enders' project this year.
This is another of the regular yearly events that Quiltville puts on every year.
I have cut all the patches and pretty much have all the rows sewn up.
I used the Accuquilt machine to speed up the process.
I am not too happy about the size (5") so I may end up finishing it up a lot sooner.
I have been playing with my new sewing machine, trying out the blanket stitch and decorative stitches. I have used wool for the flowers and the bird but I want to add more hand embroidery and beads as it's looking rather plain.