Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Call of the Elephants

I was inspired to make this small wall hanging from my collection of African prints.




The majority of these fabrics came from several African countries.
The South African prints were purchased when I travelled there a few times. I really like the one with the image of Nelson Mandela.


What I love about these fabrics are the vibrant colours, the designs and the symbols they represent.



For this quilt I selected a few of these fabrics and made a background in a crazy patchwork and then machine applique the elephants.
This quilt is a gift for someone who loves Africa and animals; hope he doesn't see the blog before he receives the quilt.

1 comment:

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...