Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Friday, February 4, 2011

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Red

February's colour is RED for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge ! I love red in all sorts of ways; quilts, stitcheries, bags and home decor... my family room curtains are red (tomato red).

I have started selecting my red scraps.  I don't have a lot of scraps but quite a big stash of red fabrics which I won't use as I want to be true to the challenge and my 2011 goals and just use my scraps..

But in the meantime I'll post some projects I completed in the past using RED ...

I love bags and red stitcheries are so adorable. The pattern for this bag came from a magazine and this stitchery and  all the others came from Bronwyn Hayes designs.


The other side of the bag..



I made a quilt with a number of Redwork blocks...









This little quilt now stands on a footstool, where my cat sleeps on....
It was needleturn applique but its now faded from the sun, so its good enough to be used in a pet bed...



Hopefully I can find some sewing time this weekend...