Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Blocks progress and shopping

I completed a couple of on-going blocks with my civil war fabrics.  Still catching up with blocks 9 and 20.




And blocks 28 and 27 (made by a fellow quilter).



Managed to finish another Civil War Bride block.. the 9th out of 20 blocks plus a border.




Purchase a couple of books..

This one on stitcheries...Cotton Floss  Natalie Lymer has lovely projects.






And another  book on bags... 






But the most exciting purchade is the bias maker. I briefly tested and believe it will save me a lot of time when I do projects that require stems for applique.




6 comments:

  1. looks like you ahve been having fun - love the look of the bags in that book and the strawberry block is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely applique block.It seems difficult but yours turned out beautifully.The bias tape maker is sensational I wish I had one. Its so hard to do it by hand.
    Beijos,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Civil War bride block! Wow did you get some goodies, the bias tape maker looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola Celia, he visitado su blog y me ha gustado mucho sus trabajos
    Saludos Mayte

    ReplyDelete
  5. that bias tape gadget looks like it would come in handy with lots of projects, I so wish I had one.

    I am new to the sewing/quilting blogging, and am organizing a christmas fabric swap and was wondering if you would be interested in joining in on the fun, if so, you can read the details here at, Paula's Crafty Boutique.
    Happy quilting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your civil war blocks! I'm playing catch up too!

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...