Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Completed UFO - An Angels Story

I started this quilt many years ago and yesterday finished the top.

The photos are not of high standard but you can get an idea of what the quilt looks like.



It's called, An Angels Story, from the book by Anni Downs.

All the fabrics were leftovers from another quilt which I am currently hand quilting and haven't blogged about it, another one of those with lots and lots of hand applique...

Each block combines applique and embroidery.












Although its just a top at the moment, I consider it done as I'm not planning to quilt it in the near future. Perhaps one day when I get my quilting machine ...

And the good thing about it all is that I can tick off as one of my completed goals for this year.


...  Next I'm doing something completely different, all machine pieced queen size quilt. Photos will come once top is completed.

I also got some fabric yesterday to make something small for my mom's birthday in a couple of months's time.

And I'll continue with the ongoing projects: Barbara Brackman Civil War blocksCivil War Bride Quilt and  Rainbow Scrap Challenge.


12 comments:

  1. Your quilt is lovely Celia, can't imagine how many hours you spent working on it. It will be a real heirloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Celia,

    I love this quilt. I hope you leave it out for people to admire. I did buy the book to make this quilt!!!!
    Happy days to you.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a huge amount of work. Congratulations on completing the top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing quilt. I love it!
    You seem to have so many projects, I don't know how you can do so much work.
    Beijos,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quilts are gaining in value especially Amish made quits in the states. Richard from the Amish community of Lebanon,Pa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Celia,

    que trabalho maravilhoso!. Não importa a demora, o que vale é o produto final da confecção.
    Valeu o resultado, valeu a demora, os detalhes são incríveis, lindos demais.

    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the angel quilt...it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wwwwooo my.... amazing quilt. I love your quilt!!!!!!.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doesn't it feel great to finally finish a long worked on quilt? This looks great, all the little details really make the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Greetings from Finland! Your quilts are lovely! I was smiling all the time! They make everyone happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, this is one gorgeous quilt. I love the combination of patchwork and embroidery. I can't imagine the number of hours that went in to completeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your new fabrics! And I love your angel quilt! I looked for Ani Downs patterns when I was there and couldn't find much. I especially wanted to see if I could find her garden BOM - I hope she makes it a pattern so I can buy it someday!

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...