Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt & Show 'n Tell

I didn't really want to start a new quilt until at least I completed another top I have in progress but ... I did !
The excuse I gave myself is that I'm half-way with my current project (will blog when completed)  and because I'm having a few days vacation soon, I should be able to complete it.

At the quilt show I attend yesterday, I purchased the book...



And this morning I made 2 blocks !

They are machined pieced and a lot easier to do than the other two ongoing blocks I'm currently engaged on; The Civil War Bride and Barbara Brackman blocks.  I don't need to buy any new fabric for this project and I'll probably end up doing them with some of my reproduction fabrics or similar style fabrics.

Recently I received these lovely blocks from Jan-Maree, which are part of the monthly swap we do.  The colour is black and she produced stunning stars...



And lastly, I was having an email conversation with another blogger Gloria and the subject of Kaleidoscope quilts come up; I remembered that I had made one many years ago, so here it is...

The novelty fabric made really interesting centres for each block; I think it was a Debbie Mumm fabric.


I liked the way the quilting compliments the fabric design with the teapots.


That's all for the now...

8 comments:

  1. Your farmer's wife blocks look great.Love the reproductions fabrics you're using. Great idea to exchange blocks.Let me know which you want me to do, odd or even and how many per month?
    beijos,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you starting the Farmer's Wife - how many blocks in total? There seems to be a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Celia,

    Good on you for starting another quilt,we only live once. Love the quilting around the teapot too.Happy stitching.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many projects! Your fabric choices are lovely. Such pretty black and white blocks as well. Enjoy your time off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Celia,

    os caleidoscópios ficaram lindos nesta manta junto ao quilt livre. Adorei os mini blocos amarelos neste fundo azul. Quanto aos blocos em preto, ficou uma combinação perfeita, maravilha!

    Um grande abraço

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Celia,
    I've just awarded you with the Versatile Blogger Award. your blog is one of my favorite's.I love visiting it
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Celia--Great blog! I hope you're enjoying the Farmer's Wife book. I'm making potholders with the blocks, which is lots of fun and good practice!

    Off to explore some more!

    frances

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...