Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt & Show 'n Tell

I didn't really want to start a new quilt until at least I completed another top I have in progress but ... I did !
The excuse I gave myself is that I'm half-way with my current project (will blog when completed)  and because I'm having a few days vacation soon, I should be able to complete it.

At the quilt show I attend yesterday, I purchased the book...



And this morning I made 2 blocks !

They are machined pieced and a lot easier to do than the other two ongoing blocks I'm currently engaged on; The Civil War Bride and Barbara Brackman blocks.  I don't need to buy any new fabric for this project and I'll probably end up doing them with some of my reproduction fabrics or similar style fabrics.

Recently I received these lovely blocks from Jan-Maree, which are part of the monthly swap we do.  The colour is black and she produced stunning stars...



And lastly, I was having an email conversation with another blogger Gloria and the subject of Kaleidoscope quilts come up; I remembered that I had made one many years ago, so here it is...

The novelty fabric made really interesting centres for each block; I think it was a Debbie Mumm fabric.


I liked the way the quilting compliments the fabric design with the teapots.


That's all for the now...