Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Basket Applique Quilt & Kits

Here is another UFO started long time ago (probably 10 years ago !) which with a bit of effort on my part could be finished soon.  I have gone back to it this week by preparing the pieces in one corner of the border.
The pieces are fairly large so it won't be too hard to progress. I am using needle-turn applique, my favourite method.

 

I received my order from Connecting Threads which my friend picked up for me while she was visiting the USA.  This company does not deliver to Australia, so whenever I get a chance I try to order their products.  They are very good quality and great prices.

The next big decision is, which kit  should I make first ?

I recommend this book for great ideas and fairly simple to use in almost any type of quilt.

 

I purchased a new camera a few days ago.  I have been playing with it in my Winter garden and took these photos later in the day when the light was not the best and yet the images turned out better than I expected.

So these are some of my camelias.... 



I think I'm going to have fun with my new toy !!! By the way it's a NIKON Coolpix S9300.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful kits. Connecting Threads have lots of great stuff but unfortunately they don't ship to Portugal. I love your applique blocks. I have to try turn of the needle applique one day.
    Your camelias are so beautiful, You have the most wonderful garden.
    Beijos,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celia,

    adoro appliquè, é uma das minhas técnicas favoritas. E este trabalho está ficando lindo. Kits, são sempre ótimos para incrementar nossas idéias. Bom trabalho.

    Beijinhos e até a volta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love looking at your applique projects! They are so darling and beautiful. Lovely colors on this one. I love the pieced border book too! I reviewed it a few months ago and I'm thinking of ordering it for my own shelf after checking it out from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun UFO. I always enjoy returning to a UFO and having a quick finish. This one is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects are beautiful, such a lovely website. Would you mind letting me know the name of your camellias posted here are, they are simply gorgeous, especially the very dark red one.

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...