Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Friday, June 22, 2012

Farmers Wife blocks & bits /n pieces


It has been a while since I posted but today I have something to share with you.
These are the blocks made recently  by my friend Teresa in Portugal. She and I are doing a Farmer's Wife block swap.  



Here are some more blocks I received from Teresa. She also included a kit to make a pillow.
They are really nice and will match the ones I already have.



Like everyone else, I still have a few UFO's from long time ago. 
I found some pre-cut pieces for this Wedding Ring quilt, so I decided to put together the blocks.
I don't have any more of the fabrics so it will be some kind of a table topper or a little quilt to cover the foot stool.



I have been making my 'Secret' quilt, which actually has a name, but until I give it to the recipient I can't say much more but this is the back of the quilt.

It will all be revealed later in the year and the only clue I can give you is that it is music related...
We'll leave it at that...


And now for some music....

This track (Namaste India) is from a recent cd by Kenny G whom I have been following his music for many years but had not been exposed to the music of Rahul Sharma. I really like it.

4 comments:

  1. Love your Wedding ring table topper. It was a shame to left it as an UFO. Well done. The secret project ( Not a secret to me) is really wonderful. It's a pity they can't see the whole of it.
    Beijos,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olá Celia,

    ficaram lindos estes blocos de anel de casamento. O azul é minha cor preferida, rsrs e em degradê ficam um verdadeiro encanto. O quilt secret, deve estar lindo na parte da frente, porque já gostei muito do que seria o avesso. Os blocos da Teresa, são maravilhosos, como é lindo o que podemos fazer com pequanos pedaços de pano.
    Beijinhos e bom final de semana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Celia

    Your quilting blocks are beautiful, the quilt will look wonderful. Have fun making up your present.
    The Wedding Ring blocks will make a great table topper.

    happy quilting.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the wedding ring blocks. And blue. My favourite.
    The farmer's wife blocks are charming.
    I 'think' I can guess about the mystery 'musical' quilt!
    looking forward to seeing the end result.

    ps: recently I made 16 small heart appliqué blocks after being inspired by your quilt 'Listen to your heart'. Now I have to wait until I can go home (I am working away from home) and then put them all together.

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...