Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, July 8, 2012

CWB Block, Bag and iPad bag


Another completed block for my Civil War Bride quilt. I have a couple more blocks still to do and then the border which has a lot of applique as well. It's been a labour of love and a lot of work but I'm enjoying every minute of it.



My husband asked me to make him an iPad cover and since he's a chess player I came up with this ...


I like making bags, so this bag and matching pouch will be a gift.
 

And now for a change of pace;  I started another small hand-applique project from  the latest Jo Morton book and using fabrics from my stash.  I have 2 blocks completed and 2 ready to stitch.  Not sure of the final design at this stage, so I'll let the quilt 'speak to me'...
  
 


 And now for some music....

Rick Braun, another talented Jazz Fusion artist with great presence in the Smooth Jazz scene with  several released cd's to his name and with collaboration with other artists. 
I will be seeing him live in a few weeks time for the first time.

 

3 comments:

  1. I love your civil war bride block especially the fabric in the vase. I really need to get back to mine, seeing your bright, pretty block has inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Heather...I really love your CWB block. The vase and each pink petal being different are my favorite parts. And the cheddars and the greens and that touch of purple and the bright blue... I also really like your bowtie quilt in your header picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blocks, cute bag and Hmmm I remember that fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...