Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Funky Quilt

When I completed this quilt top today, the word came into my head to name this quilt was ...

funk·y/ˈfəNGkē/

Adjective:
  1. (of music) Having or using a strong dance rhythm, in particular that of funk: "some excellent funky beats".
  2. Modern and stylish in an unconventional or striking way: "she likes wearing funky clothes".

 
The fabrics and pattern came from a kit I ordered from Connecting Threads earlier in the year and this week I was in the mood for quick piecing...
 
One evening I cut up all the pieces...
 

Another time I arranged all the pieces that make up the blocks...



And this morning I was ready to sew them all together...
Being a public holiday today I'm giving myself a quilting day...


And this is the quilt top done !!!


 
And since I hear music in my head, here is a picture I recently took when I saw Dave Koz and Brian Culbertson performing live...



And this is a taste of their music.....


2 comments:

  1. Love your quilt top (seems it was a quick pieced one) the colours look really good together also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olá Celia,

    ficou belíssima esta manta!! Linda combinação de cores e lindos blocos.

    Beijinhos

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...