Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Table Runner, books and Scraps

Made for my daughter's bedroom this simple table runner using some fabric from a charm pack.  Quick project and quite useful.
 

Received a belated Xmas present I gave myself that arrived this week from Amazon.
Two of the books are purely to use scraps and the other is on pre-cuts.

I particularly like the "15 Minutes of Play" concept, which Victoria Findlay Wolfe shares in this book as well as on her blog.  The only  'downside' for me, is that it never ends as 15 minutes but hours of creativity ! Where can one spend hours doing something this much
fun that is not bad for you and having something to show for that time? 


Here is what I did !
The scrap bins are once again overflowing, so no shortage of fabrics; with the help of the Accuquilt machine saved time cutting the large tumbler blocks.


I'm going to continue having fun with my scraps in the forthcoming months.... not expecting a huge dent in the stash.

PS - Victoria is holding a workshop at  Material Obsession (Sydney) in March 2013. Check out more information on their website under "Special Events".

2 comments:

  1. Love the table runner. It's really beautiful and it looks wonderful on your DD's chest of drawers.
    Nice way to use scraps, i think i'll have to try it sometime.
    Beijinhos,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...