Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Sewing Machine Cover and Mat

Until I reviewed my blog today I had not realised how many projects I completed in 2012. 
I knew I had done a few for gifts and others for me, but this many ??? Around 42 and these include various sizes of quilts and bags.
I guess it goes to show when you have a passion no matter what other responsabilities you have to attend to (full time job, mother of a young daughter and love to keep a nice garden) inspiration gets you there !

I have made a photo collage with all these projects (saved as a html, tried to add it to the posting but did not work). So any feedback is appreciated so I can share these projects on the blog.

Here is something fun I did to kick start 2013. I was going over my novelty prints stash and found some fabrics to use.

It's always handy to have a mat under your machine, but one with a pocked is even better, so the essential gadgets are at hand...

 
Since I had enough fabrics available I made a cover for the sewing machine.  It has different fabrics for the front and the back and they make me laugh.


See below this amazing quilting done ? I wish I could have said I did it, but it's the work of  very talented artist ... Victor.
Please check out his recent quilting blog as well as the other blog that he produces on tattoos... I just love it .