Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Bag and Cushions this week.

I haven't made a bag for a while, so picked up these fabrics recently and there you have it !
 
The pattern is a modified version of the pattern "Frenchy Bags" by Ami Butler I had purchased years ago.  The button is ceramic hand-made from my collection.
 
I also made a couple pincushions using a fabric folding technique I learnt many years ago; I want to try a few other blocks which resemble origami techniques.



When I completed my Swoon Quilt  recently I had lots of leftover blocks which I used to make up this cushion.  I have a lot more left to use on further projects.

Noddy wants to show you my newly purchased fabrics.

My friend Lynne who works at the fabric store enjoys tempting me when she gets new fabrics .  I got a lot of their perfect quality discounted fabric for backings and a selection of different styles from Riley Blake, to fresh modern, Reproduction and even non-traditional Christmas fabrics.   What can I say; I just love them all !

3 comments:

  1. Celia - Your new bag looks nice and roomy - it should hold lots of stuff for you. Love the little pincushion and pillow - the new fabrics are YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many wonderful projects and your new stash acquisition is fabulous...I am drooling over it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Celia,

    Adorei os seus trabalhos, a bolsa ficou muito charmosa. Lindos Pincushions, gostaria de aprender, rsss.
    Sobras de tecidos, dão lindos quilts, linda almofada. Tenho paixão por gatos, que lindo fazendo pose nos tecidos!
    Beijinhos e uma Feliz Páscoa!!

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...