Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Made a new bag....

I made one of Monica Poole's bags last week but just haven't had a chance to take a photo until now.
 

 
It's a nice size to use for various purposes, with two external pockets and a zipper closure at the top. It was quite easy to make it.
 

My scraps continue to increase so I decided to play with them by making this 7" block.
 
I got the pattern from the latest Quiltmaker magazine.  The block was presented by Bonnie Hunter and it's paper pieced/foundation.  It uses quite small pieces so unfortunately it has made no dent on the scrap bin.  But I enjoyed playing with the fabrics and making a big mess when cutting the pieces down to size.
 


I have participated in a pincushion swap, so this is one of the pincushions I received.  Very cool block and I love it in red.

I have been given a few tops to practice my quilting skills on and the quilt will then be given away to charity.  This is one of those I completed.
And this is what the entire quilt looks like....


I have started a new quilt using wool applique and pieced blocks in reproduction fabrics. I think it's going to be a while before I have something to show because work commitments and holiday preparations are taking a fair bit of my time.