Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Amish inspired small quilt top, new project(s) .....

I have been having fun with my stash..... As much as I love Civil War reproduction fabrics I also love bright fabrics (and anything else in between) so I have been quietly collecting these beauties !
I started a new quilt using them but at this stage I am not ready to show you.... just the strips!

and these blocks... well, part blocks...
 

 And with a view to part of my garden to match the flowers in the fabric how can I not be inspired ?
 
I am still trying to quilt all my tops, so this one which I completed years ago is ready to be quilted.
 

I have finished something recently; the top of a small quilt... the blocks are 4 1/2" and these blocks are done using the foundation/paper pieced with my scraps...



And lastly.... I have done it again !!!
We visited  Threadbear quilt shop (check us on their blog)  and I could not resist this pattern... and a few other goodies; fabrics for the background, 3 fat quarters, circle templates, Karen Buckley scissors and fine pins which cost and arm and a leg !

I have promised myself  (wink, wink) that I won't start this quilt (another long term needleturn project) until I complete two quilt tops I have in progress at the moment... such a hard decision to make as I already have most of the fabrics for the quilt from my large civil war repro fabric stash... what's a girl to do ??

 
 

3 comments:

  1. You have been a busy girl my dear. The quilt on your frame is so sweet.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new quilt beginnings - fabrics are yummy! And luuuuuurve your Amish quilt - so vibrant!! Nice spoils from Threadbear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that pattern! I am just starting to do needleturn....but this pattern is calling my name! We are having Karen Kay Buckley to our guild in February for a lecture and a workshop. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...