Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Mariner's Compass Wall Hanging and Grand Illusion Mystery


Finally finished my Mariner's compass top.



This is a Quiltsmart product and the pack included the instructions and marked interfacing.
Most of the fabrics are batiks.

I am planning to do Bonnie Hunter's Grand Illusion Mystery.
The first clue is starting on the 28th November and I can't wait. This will be my 3rd mystery from Bonnie in addition to a couple of other quilts. I just love how I can use up my stash with her patterns and at the moment I am doing another quilt from one of her books which I hope to have the top completed before the mystery begins.
 
I am not entirely following her chosen colours; instead went through my stash to see how much fabric I had and also which combinations I had not made a quilt on.


 

I have been collecting grey fabrics for a little while so I have decided to use these instead of white/cream. At this stage I am not certain if I should use several grey fabrics as per the above or use only one very light grey fabric that I have a large quantity of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...