Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Inspired by Tumalo Trail Quilt

I had a box of 2" squares and from time to time I have been making 9 patches for the fun of it. And then I decided it was time to put them into a quilt.
I went over Bonnie Hunter's books and Tumalo Trail  (Scraps & ShirttailsII) seemed to be the perfect design to use up these blocks.
In the book the squares are 1 1/2" so my quilt turned out bigger; I don't think I will be adding a border.
I am pleased the way it turned out. It's not going to be quilted immediately as I have another quilt in the longarm machine at the moment which I am hoping to finish in before the end of the month.
I have a couple of other projects on the go and these should also be completed before the mystery starts.
It was so fun playing with such a variety of fabrics and using up a lot of my scraps. Anything goes.

I had to cut more squares and cut other sizes for another scrap quilt that I also doing.
I am becoming quite a scrap quilter these days ! It's Bonnie's influence...
I continue to spend some time in the garden, maintaining and adding new features and plants.
This picture was taken last week (facing my sewing studio)... it's lovely to be able to look out and see the flowers in bloom.
 
 Some close ups of these beauties....



 

 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...