Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Civil War Bride Quilt - block 7 and buttons

Here is the latest block I stitched for the Civil War Bride quilt.
In the past I struggled doing needleturn applique on the feet of the birds, so this time I took the easy way out and used buttonhole stitch around each toe. For the circles on the body of the bird I did the same as the fabric was fraying too much...




I received my order of  buttons and can't wait to use them on a project.
They are clay buttons made in South Africa by ladies from the local community  who have been trained in the art of button making.






8 comments:

  1. Love the civil war block! And what a huge selection of buttons. Can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. El bloque esta hermoso!!!
    Los botones...very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olá Celia,
    este bloco está maravilhoso e os botões são muito lindos. Depois, quero ver o projeto em que vai usá-los.

    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your CW Brides block is stunning, and I can't believe all those beautiful buttons, what a wonderful collection to have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how beautiful your civil war bride quilt will be. I just bought that pattern at the show in Melbourne in April. But I'm afraid to even start it! And those buttons! How cool are those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such amazing buttons! Your CW blocks are really coming along well - good idea to buttonhole stitch the tricky bits....those feet must be a nightmare!! Lynne Mills

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your block is so lovely, and the buttons, wow!

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...