Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Saturday, August 20, 2011

What I've been doing

This is my 10th block that I have made as part of the Civil War Bride Quilt. I have reached my goal of 10 blocks for the year but since I'm enjoying making this quilt so much I'm going to continue to aim for a completed block a month..


I had a birthday last week so I treated myself to a kit called Grace, by 3 sisters (Moda).
I love the look of  the logcabin blocks and houses and this quilt has the perfect combination.
The kit came from The Thrifty Needle .  Please check them out as I received great customer service from this site and the prices are very reasonable.



I have already started the roofs and the chimneys and began to cut all the other strips ....



I also received from my friend Jan-Maree  these blocks as part of the swop I participate in line with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge


Finally I'll leave you with a picture of a corner in the garden just outside my quilting studio. Today in Melbourne we are having a lovely sunny day, birds singing and the fragrant smells of the flowers...
Perfect day...
I



               

9 comments:

  1. Oh I am loving the look of that kit you bought yourself - the colours of the fabrics and the design of the quilt! Just lovely! Can't beat that photo of the garden either! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you've been busy, busy! Love the garden photo and your civil war blocks are so inspiring. I can't wait to see the completed quilt. Will you be hand quilting that?

    (Thanks for your e-mail - I'm going to go reply right now!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celia,

    o bloco 10 está maravilhoso, como todos os que voce já fez. Gosto do cuidado que tem sempre na escolha dos tecidos. Lindos!

    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Celia,

    Happy belated Birthday,nothing like getting a kit. Love your block especially the rooster he looks rather handsome. Did you do the crochet that is on the table? A perfect day by the sounds of it.
    Happy days
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking Civil War Bride blocks. Looks like you've got lots of pretty projects going on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blocks!
    Thank you for your comment on my blog! I can understand that it's difficult for you to know what I have made. It's a kind of wall tidy supposed to take care of post cards and stuff like that. (Sorry for my bad english).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Grace fabric line...I have a few pieces of it but haven't decided what to do with it yet. Love the pattern you are starting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love your blog, I've been looking for something like this but to find a blog which is from Melbourne also is great!
    Will keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that beautiful Grace pattern that you gifted yourself :)

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...