Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Quilt Show - Jo Morton

I had a lovely time attending "Quilts in the Barn" this morning at Wonga Park which is 29 km north-east of Melbourne.



The guest exhibitor was Jo Morton from Nebraska, USA. Jo  is a fabric designer, author, teacher and lecturer. Her quilts represent re-creations of antique quilts from the 19th century. Jo's work has been published in a number of quilting magazines and she has also appeared in a number of quilt quilting shows.



She kindly agree to allow me to photograph her in front of one of her beautiful quilts; this one is called "Winterberries" from the book "Coming Home".



Her new book is to be released in the Fall and I have my eye on this quilt...




I loved all her quilts and took many photos, but I'll leave you with some pictures of the ones that come out best.
















There were other featured Australian quilters with beautiful work.











This doll's bed is adorable...






And because 'I needed' some fabrics, I purchased this cute collection of shirting designed by Jo Morton.



5 comments:

  1. Wow those quilts are awe inspiring! Great setting for a quilt show too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing more beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful quilts and marvelous applique. Wish I could have been there but thank you for the pictures. You girls know how to do it right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo Morton is one of my absolute favourites - thank you for all the lovely eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilts...what a lovely treat!

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...