Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Coin purse, books and fabrics

This week I finished this little coin purse.  I purchased the kit and  this has been my introduction to wool applique.
The pieces are very small and fiddly but once I got the hang of it I completed it quite fast.

 

I have worked on other projects ( including my secret quilt) but at this stage none of them are completed to show you nor I can blog until the recipient of the swap receives the blocks.


                      I started a new  project on the 27th  April called "Listen to My Heart". 

 

I came up with this idea as a form of meditation to focus on the inner voice which is my heart. 
Basically the way it works for me,  is that each day (just before going to bed)  I applique a heart and while stitching I reflect and sometimes write down some thoughts that come into my mind.

I'll keep on doing these until I feel it's time to stop but having a practical side to me,  I'll make these blocks into a small quilt as soon as I have about 12 done.

Some new goodies that I got this week.....

Lynette Anderson's latest book and some of her fabrics.  


3 other books and some bright fabrics...


And a variety of gorgeous charm packs from Kate Spain, Joanna Figueroa, 3 Sisters and Howard Marcus.
Not sure exactly what I'm going to do with them at the moment but I could not pass up a 25% discount.





4 comments:

  1. This is an adorable purse!. Very nice indeed the wool applique.
    I love your idea of 'listening to one own's heart'.
    I should follow pursuit on something similar... I should listen to my heart right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olá Celia,

    adorei os bloquinhos de coração e a idéia de cada um fazer parte da sua voz interior. Estes blocos ficam com uma aparencia diferente. Gostei dos tecidos, eles são sempre irresistíveis, rssss

    Beijinhos e uma boa semana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness you have been busy. I really like your little hearts, a lovely idea. Your new fabric is absolutly yummy - looking forward to see what evolves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a beautiful purse and love the little hearts and the sentiment as to their making.
    A lovely collection of charm packs, they are always handy to have on hand. Inspirational books too.

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...