Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

More practice on the Handiquilter

I had some blocks I made last year, so I decided to join four of them and make a table topper.
I mainly wanted to practice some more free motion quilting and try out some different motifs.


It's getting easier each time and loading the quilt is now a straight forward but critical part to begin the quilting process.
At this point I had not purchased any rulers and given that I don't have a computerised program (rather expensive), it all comes down to practice, hand and speed co-ordination and getting used to the feel of the machine.

I tried to do a 'fake' trapunto in this block and I quite like the way it turned out. I used the micro-handles for the mini sized stippling in the center.
The heart and circular shapes are also free hand without any pre-marking. 


And this is what the final quilt looks like after adding the binding. I had washed it and it still looks quite good  with a nice feel to it.

Next project (my 4th in about 2 weeks) I am planning to use groovy/pattern boards.
My next quilt is ready and waiting...

4 comments:

  1. You are having a lot of fun with your new toy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celia,

    seu quilt está ficando maravilhoso!! Adorei!!

    beijinhos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celia,

    seu quilt está ficando maravilhoso!! Adorei!!

    beijinhos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing just fine. I love the quilting on the table topper. The fake trapunto looks great.
    Keep training and you'll be an expert in no time.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...