Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Monday, January 10, 2011

CWB block, books and blocks

Today I have completed my third Civil War Bride block; 9 more to go if I am to achieve the 2011 goal.  This one had less and larger pieces to applique so it took a lot less time to complete than the previous ones.




I received the last of my Christmas gifts from Amazon.  These 5 books are very inspiring and some of the techniques I have not tried before.


On my way back from collecting the books from the postal box I made a quick visit to the fabric store and they had a few fabrics on sale that got my attention... That made my day absolutely perfect !

Ah, one more thing; at the same store they had these gorgeous tape measures for a dollar (Aus), so I had to get them... aren't they so cute ? By pulling one of the ears the tape comes out.



Lastly, I received today my blocks from the swap I did. Really nice and the colours are those I would picked for myself. Thank you Darla from the Scientific Quilter podcast...