Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Table Topper


Here is my first completed project for 2011 !
But before I applaude myself I have to confess that this UFO was nearly complete when I got it out of the basket. I just added the the binding and label. 
Initially I had intended to be a large quilt to use up my hand dyes but because I no longer have the black fabric it would be almost impossible to match the same black fabric to have all the blocks looking the same.  At least I learnt a new technique and perhaps one day I'll make a quilt as I intend.
The way I did it was to quilt the top first and then machine applique the flowers.

More to come in the next few days while I have some sewing time available...