Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Friday, December 31, 2010

Goals for 2011 and Fabric Rope Basket

Last day of the year and I am all organised to tackle my quilting/sewing goals for 2011.
I believe that I have set myself realistic goals by not adding too many new projects to the ones I have in progress.

I have two main areas I want to concentrate on;

- One, is to finish  all the projects in this basket which are at various stages of completion



and  the other goal is to used up as many scraps as I can and end up with only one scrap bin.


This goal can lead to many possibilities for new projects and creativity  so I must be vigilant as not to create additional UFO's.  I don't want to start any new projects unless I have completed an UFO and the goals set are on track... Sounds simple, right ? Let's see how it all turns out.

To finish off,  I am sharing a  project I completed a while ago. Its a fabric rope/cord basket.


The technique involves wrapping strips of fabric around rope/cord and then sew the covered rope to shape it in a form of a basket. The possibilities are endless from placemats to much more elaborate baskets. I decorated it with this funky bead trimming I  purchased in Canada.
For further inspiration I rolled up several  5" squares of different fabrics  and placed them inside... love it !

               Happy 2011 to everyone and may you be inspired in your creativity !!!

3 comments:

  1. I love this basket and love your plans for next year, I wil l be watching to see if you are on track and cherring you on! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the quilting goals. It is important to keep on track. I love the basket by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck using all those scraps. What a great way to track your progress.

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...