Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Boxing Day... bag day

I'm trying to post every Wednesday and every Sunday even when I haven't completed anything. Today is such day, I'm trying to complete a top I've worked on this week but its not quite done yet...
Today being Boxing Day, I've decided that I'll 'rename' it Bag Day and share with you some of the bags I have made in the past.

One of my favourite bags is this large bag I began in a class using various techniques; machine pieced, foundation piecing, applique and embroidery with added embelishments. All four sides of the bag have different designs.



The entire bag was made from my stash and button collection.


Its large enough to take stuff to classes and even fits my sewing machine.


It took quite a while to complete it.


I particularly enjoyed learning a new stitch used in the gate. I was told its called 'pistil' stitch.

Another bag which was great fun to make was the "Pansy bag". I ended up making a couple more to give away as gifts. I used some of my hand dyed fabrics and added some beads to make the pansies three dimensional. 



And finally a tote a use to carry around some of my sewing. The stichery design comes from one of the many books I have from Bronwyn Hayes.



Next blog post I'll be sharing my 2011 sewing goals...

4 comments:

  1. Those bags are just too cute! Have FUN creating in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bags - particularly love the first one - you can tell it took a long time to make but I imagine it will take a lot longer to tire of using it! Happy Boxing Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's hard to say which bag is lovelier :)
    merry xmas and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is very simple to read and appreciate without leaving any details out. Great work! phenixmuaythai

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...