Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Quilt and a tote from scraps

Lots of inspiration has came my way this week, mainly related to what to do with my small scraps. This tends to happen when I 'play' with my fabrics or need to search for a particular fabric in my stash then all sorts of designs come into my head.
As mentioned on my previous post, I have been inspired with the Crumb block design. I had some blocks leftover from the first quilt, so I made some more and completed another quilt top.  But for this one the sashing and borders  fabrics did not came from my stash, mainly because I just loved the teal and brown combination in the prints....

It was rather windy so the picture didn't turn out too well. Here's a close up of the blocks.



This week I made a visit to the fabric store. Their existing stock was reduced to 50%...so my addiction got the better of me.  I love novelty prints and this one by Kaye England called "Hoe Down" immediately got my attention.  I think it would make a cute bag.

I got a couple of bigger pieces to use a quilt backings... I particularly like the green tones.


My other achievement this week was a quick tote.  Years ago I was given a piece of  linen curtain fabric and what I liked about it was the fact that it looks hand embroidered.  So I  added some beads, used a Jinny Beyer border fabric I have had for years and voila !!!

I have just enough fabric left to make a smaller one or this could
an opportunity to make something different...





Next week I want to continue designing another quilt with the  Crumb block, using my small scraps, solid prints (including hand dyes) and charm packs.
And if time permits another tote/bag from my stash....