Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Scrappy Bag and a favourite tote

Some of my sewing time has been used to tidy up my studio.  When I can't quickly find what I need, its time do put things away.  In  the process I get inspired.
I managed to come up this week with another project made from scraps.



The inspiration for this one, came  when I found the black border print in the scrap bin from an old project and a set of  plastic handles.

From time to time I'll post a picture of a quilt, a bag or another project that was completed some time ago. Since I'm concentrating on the topic of using my current stash and smaller pieces of fabric (those I consider scraps), this is a tote I made several years ago which I use regularly to carry my current hand project. Just needed small pieces of fabric, a little embroidery and a few old buttons from my grandmother's sewing box.


I have several large and small projects in progress but at this stage I won't share them in my blog until I'm actively working on them. But it won't be long until I get to them...

I subscribe to a number of quilting magazines and this week the latest copy of one of the quick projects got my attention. I have started it !! I'll post the picture when its completed, so come back soon to see it !

And now for the music highlight.....

Michael Lington is is a contemporary jazz saxophonist born in  Denmark but lives in the USA. Check "Harlem Nocturne" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ivns7NVjMs&feature=related.



2 comments:

  1. Love both bags - both so different but both gorgeous - could sit and look at them for ages with all the detail in them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute bags. It is so nice to have a project ready to carry along. What a fun way to use up all the bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...