Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Friday, January 7, 2011

Hawaiian fabrics, Kindle bag & Logcabin blocks

Last September I cruised some of the Hawaiian islands and bought some fabrics to make "Dresden Plate" blocks. Its a UFO at the moment, so I have been sorting and cutting more wedges to give it some progress.

Each block requires 20 wedges and at the moment I haven't decided how big the quilt is going to be, although I have enough fabric for more than one large quilt.
For the background I have chosen a yellow solid fabric but for the centres of each Dresden Plate I am not sure. Any suggestions ?



Have made my first 5 of the 50 planned mini log cabins....



Just completed a Kindle bag for a collegue of my husband. I purchased this fabric at The City Quilter in Manhattan last year.