Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Another UFO completed - table topper

Today I went over the UFO box to see what I could tackle next.

I can't recall when I began this project but it must have been several years ago.
The pattern was from an Australian magazine and this queen-size quilt was designed to have four large identical blocks.  Each block was pre-quilted and and the applique was to be done on top using needle turn method.
 


After I began the first block, I realised that it would have been better if the applique was done by machine, so I lost interest in the project.


I didn't have much to do, to complete one of the blocks apart from the embroidery, added a couple of yo-yo's as the flower centres and the binding.

So its now over my coffee table and it looks as if it was made for this purpose.



Other blocks I have completed this week yet.

Blocks 36,38 and 40 of Barbara Brackman Civil War blog.



Block 8, 12 and 16 of the Farmer's Wife.


I'm returning to work next week so my sewing time will be considerably less with more focus on hand work.


And now some music....

Another awsome contemporary jazz artist I love his music is Brian Culbertson from Illionois. His sound is heavily influenced by funk and he has released over 12 albuns to date. Hopefully I'll see him live next year.

5 comments:

  1. Love you table topper!! NICE COLOURS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celia,

    lindos blocos. Adorei o Ufo, realmente valeu a pena terminar. Também tenho alguns Ufos, preciso dar uma conclusão.

    Beijos e uma boa semana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been very busy this week Celia, your table topper is beautiful. You do very nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great table topper and those blocks are fabulous -that is going to be one special quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your table topper and your farmers blocks, how are you piecing your farmers blocks,rotary cutting, templates or foundation piecing??

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...