Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Gifts received and small projects


I received these lovely gifts in the mail this week from Teresa with the Farmer's Wife swaps we are doing. I just adore all bags and also collect pincushions so I'm very happy about it. Thanks Teresa !


These are the beautiful blocks she made me. Its great to have a quilting pal on the other side of the world that happens to be living in the same country of my birth.  Portugal doesn't have a quilting tradition but by all accounts there are some talented girls there and quilting is becoming popular.



Yesterday I went to take a look at a Stash Buster Market and picked up some fat quarters and some little blocks which were meant to be a small wall hanging. I unpicked them apart and ...


made a tote just for the fun of it..


The other side of the tote...


During the week I worked on my UFO's and one of those decided that it was no longer interested...

But I'm still very much interested making these miniature logcabins blocks (4 1/4"). 
I completed this week another 9 blocks with my small scraps.... Have 49 completed and will keep going as its such an addictive block to make..



And now for some music...

This time I'm featuring a girl by the name of Cindy Bradley, an American contemporary  jazz trumpet player from New York.  She has 4 albuns to her name and numerous wards well deserved.  
I guess I have a particular like for trumpet players (Chris Botti being my idol) as also because my young daughter also plays the trumpet.

9 comments:

  1. Looks like you have hit the jackpot - great blocks, gorgeous little tote and still loving those log cabin blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Celia,

    Lovely gifts from Teresa. Good luck with all your projects.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Celia,
    Glad you're happy with the stuff I sent you. you got me very interested in mini Log Cabins. I think I have to give it a try. Love them, specially the one you sent me.LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some lovely gifts Celia.. I love what you did with the stash buster blocks.. it's a gorgeous little bag..
    I too love log cabin blocks..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Célia,
    como se costuma dizer aqui no Brasil voce "arrasou", isto quer dizer, os blocos estão super lindos. Amei o saquinho e o log cabin. Estou com tecidos escolhidos para fazer um centro de mesa em log cabin. Agora fiquei mais inspirada em fazê-los de ver os seus que estão maravilhosos.

    Um grande abraço.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi/Olá, Célia

    I'm glad that you've found my blog - now I'm able to see the extraordinary quilts you make - amazing!

    Fiquei mesmo muito contente com esta descoberta!
    Parabéns pelas teus trabalhos, são lindíssimos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Célia!
    Thanks for visiting my blog! Loved yours and your work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Olá Célia,

    Adoro seus blocos, mas eu tenho verdadeira paixão por sacos, saquinhos, bolsas e bolsinhas...e o seu "tote" é lindo!!! Amei...
    Bjos, Olívia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love tiny blocks and log cabins are some of my favorite to piece. I am wondering about the different widths of your logs...yet the finished blocks look great. Any advice???
    XOXOXO Subee

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...