Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Gifts received and small projects


I received these lovely gifts in the mail this week from Teresa with the Farmer's Wife swaps we are doing. I just adore all bags and also collect pincushions so I'm very happy about it. Thanks Teresa !


These are the beautiful blocks she made me. Its great to have a quilting pal on the other side of the world that happens to be living in the same country of my birth.  Portugal doesn't have a quilting tradition but by all accounts there are some talented girls there and quilting is becoming popular.



Yesterday I went to take a look at a Stash Buster Market and picked up some fat quarters and some little blocks which were meant to be a small wall hanging. I unpicked them apart and ...


made a tote just for the fun of it..


The other side of the tote...


During the week I worked on my UFO's and one of those decided that it was no longer interested...

But I'm still very much interested making these miniature logcabins blocks (4 1/4"). 
I completed this week another 9 blocks with my small scraps.... Have 49 completed and will keep going as its such an addictive block to make..



And now for some music...

This time I'm featuring a girl by the name of Cindy Bradley, an American contemporary  jazz trumpet player from New York.  She has 4 albuns to her name and numerous wards well deserved.  
I guess I have a particular like for trumpet players (Chris Botti being my idol) as also because my young daughter also plays the trumpet.