Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Works in progress

This week has been a time for catching up with on-going projects.

I completed my 11th block of the Civil War Bride quilt. The berries were quite a challenge but eventually they came together.



I also am trying to catch up on earlier blocks of the Farmer's Wife quilt and made block 4 and block 10. Have a couple more started.

I placed these blocks on a crochet tablecloth I made years ago. Wish I had more spare time and less sore hands to be able to still do fillet crochet.


My friend  Jan-Maree sent me these gorgeous blocks for the swap we have been doing since the beginning of the year. They are adorable and she and I are already talking about what we may swap with each other for next year. I have enjoyed doing this with her and she is a great inspiration. Check out her blog to see how much she does !


And finally, I received from my other quilting pal Susan these blocks. We are exchanging blocks from the Civil War Quilts blog patterns published each week.
They look fantastic with the blocks that I already have.

7 comments:

  1. Great blocks Celia - love you applique as usual!Love the fussy cut star too - looks a bit like a star fish - very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blocks you have here, Celia!
    And such a beautiful fillet crochet tablecloth, a wok of an artist indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty blocks, I love your CWB block it is absolutely beautiful and the crochet tablecloth is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been working on some lovely blocks..Thanks for joining my blog...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Celia,

    Espetacular seu bloco, e os blocos das trocas também são lindos. Parabéns pela toalha de crochê, belíssima.

    Abraços

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blocks. hugs from Italy

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...