Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Monday, November 14, 2011

Catching up...

First up, I want to share with you a quilt I made many years ago that's hanging up in my home. The quilt is called Fairmeadow and was designed by Jeanna Kimball.
It's hand appliqued using blanket stitch and I challenged myself to use orange instead of red.
I hand quilted it but should have quilted a lot more in the borders. 



Here's a close up ...




And closer still.


Orange and black go really well...








I played a little with my little scraps and made 12 more mini logcabins....58 done this year..



I made a few more blocks as part of the Farmer's Wife swap but can't show the photo because I want to surprise the recipient...


And now for some music....

Since I started this blog I've been focusing on mostly Smooth Jazz artists... Today the featured artist is completely different but an old time favourite... My earliest memories of this artist was when my dad and I (I must have been 10 years old or so) used to play his music time and time again.  To this day I still enjoy these old songs and the newer ones too.
So without further to add, here it is ..... TOM JONES...

8 comments:

  1. The quilt is gorgeous. I bet you spent many, many hours on that applique but it was totally worth it.
    Love your mini Log cabins.
    Your blocks will be posted tomorrow
    Beijinhos,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celia,

    a colcha é simplesmente maravilhosa. Adorei o laranja, combinando incrívelmente com as outras cores. Os log cabin estão fantásticos.

    Beijos e boa semana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quilt - your hand work is always stunning! Love hte log cabins as always - and your blocks from me are in the mail too with some more fabric goodies for Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Célia, em primeiro lugar obrigada pela visita e pelo comentário!
    Tu és uma artista!!! Eu não conheço estas técnicas, sou apenas curiosa e vou inventando umas coisinhas, mas tu fazes trabalhos incríveis!!! Diz-me se aqueles desenhos são todos cosidos à mão?? Não acredito!!!
    Adorei!!! Quando tiver um pouco mais de disponibilidade vou aprender!!

    Bjs e bons trabalhos!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful hand quilting, I admire you patience. Adorable little loggies, always such a fun pattern

    ReplyDelete
  6. Celia, I met you at Cá-Cá's blog and I came here to observe your work.
    I'm absolutely astonished. It's amazing. Your work is just fabulous.
    I'm following your blog.
    Hugs from Portugal
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the mini log cabins and Tom Jones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your applique and your piecing have me in awe.

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...