Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Love is....

This week I had an extra quilting day because we had a Public Holiday in Melbourne so I turned that day into some creative time.
A few years ago I made a quilt for my daughter's bed and ended up with some leftover fabrics .

This is the quilt ...



Last year I had also made some stitcheries but had no specific project in mind, so they stayed in the UFO box. 



So I decided to just make up a small quilt without a pattern and just cutting up squares so that the sticheries would be framed in a pleasing way.


Bit by bit rectangles, squares, flying geese, 2 patch blocks, pinwheel block were joined...


Until the final border was added.


Then I got the top ready for handquilting...


I have tons of embroidery threads which I purchased years ago in South Africa.  They are mainly  cotton Perle no. 8 and Stranded cotton and the colours are varigated. I just love them and decided to use it for the quilting.



 We had a lovely sunny afternoon today so I hung my quilts under the gazebo to show them.

And here it is ...." LOVE IS"


Close ups...



The two quilts together..



There's still fabric left.... hum, what shall I make next ????