I had some blocks I made last year, so I decided to join four of them and make a table topper.
I mainly wanted to practice some more free motion quilting and try out some different motifs.
It's getting easier each time and loading the quilt is now a straight forward but critical part to begin the quilting process.
At this point I had not purchased any rulers and given that I don't have a computerised program (rather expensive), it all comes down to practice, hand and speed co-ordination and getting used to the feel of the machine.
I tried to do a 'fake' trapunto in this block and I quite like the way it turned out. I used the micro-handles for the mini sized stippling in the center.
The heart and circular shapes are also free hand without any pre-marking.
And this is what the final quilt looks like after adding the binding. I had washed it and it still looks quite good with a nice feel to it.
Next project (my 4th in about 2 weeks) I am planning to use groovy/pattern boards.
My next quilt is ready and waiting...