Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Monday, February 11, 2013

My 4th quilt with the HQ


I don't recall if I mentioned before but the main reason I purchased the Handi Quilter is because my tops were just lying around and to send them away to be quilted was becoming quite expensive. So with 14 completed tops and others on the go, I guess getting the machine was a much needed purchase.

I finished this top about a couple of years ago, when I was on a scrap busting mission, using most of my small solid scraps and 'making' fabric for this design.

It's an easy quilt to make but takes quite a lot of time and a lot of thread to join all the bits.
This is what it looked like when I got it off the machine.
This is a close-up of the quilting.  Once again I used variegated thread and the overall effect turned out quite nicely.
I have now Orca Bay loaded on the frame ready to go. Not sure how it's going to be done at this stage but whatever happens I am going to have fun, practice and learn new skills !  Just wish there were a lot more hours in the day for my quilting ...

2 comments:

  1. that is a pretty groovy quilt. I have tons of scrapes that I need to do a quilt with. I like the quilting too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celia,

    adoro trabalhos com sobras de tecidos. Esta manta ficou belíssima e com um colorido muito alegre.

    Beijinhos

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...