Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Sewing with my daughter and other fun things...

At every opportunity I get I try to entice my daughter to sew.  She wanted a bag for school so no better time than that, to get her onto the sewing machine.
She loves cats, so I had a cat fabric just 'purrfect' for the task at hand.


And this is what the bag looks like with it's on model to show it off.



My mate Stan come over to meet HQ18.  He was most impressed and totally got it ! He had a play with it and I was most impressed with his ability in handling the machine.
He is such a natural, but then again I am not at all surprised because several years ago I taught him and another girl make a small quilt and his quilt turned out a lot better than hers !

 
I had my blog printed by a company that turns the blogposts into a book.

 
I'll give you a peak preview of my next project.... I am very excited the way it's turning out so far.  I'll just say that I am using fabrics I have been collecting for a long time. 

Probably one particular print that you can see below gives the clue where I got the fabrics from.


You'll have to wait till next post to see what the quilt looks like...
 
And now for some music....
 
Boney James is another of the Smooth Jazz artists that I enjoy listening to. He has a new album coming out soon but this song is from a previously released album. 


6 comments:

  1. Uau!!
    Que chique!! Gostei do blog em livro...
    Bjinhos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Celia - What a great idea to have your blog posts published into a book! I'll have to look into that myself! Your daughter's bag turned out so cute - hope she catches (and keeps) the sewing bug. Your African fabrics are going to make a wonderful quilt - can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see your daughter sewing - and what a great job she did!
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Celia,

    que maravilha ver sua filha na máquina de costura! É de pequena que se incentiva aos trabalhos manuais, e ficou linda a bolsa! Adoro gatinhos e o seu ficou lindo ao lado do trabalho. Fico no aguardo para ver sua próxima produção.

    Beijinhos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cá ficamos a aguardar o que sairá destes lindos tecidos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adirei o seu blog! E deliciei-me com o seu talento!
    Um beijinho,
    elisabete

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...