Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Ohio Stars Quilt and more scrap fun


A couple of years ago I participated on a block swap with Jan Marie . I made her Log Cabin blocks and she made me these Ohio Start blocks.
I had them all in a box but not quite sure how I wanted to put them together until last week when I purchased this great fabric (grey) for $5 a metre.
 
 
I enjoy getting an idea and within the same day just going into my studio and make that idea come alive.  No pressure of having to write up patterns and considering anything else apart from enjoying the process... and that is exactly what I have done with this quilt.
 
Here it is the finished quilt !!! Just love it...

 
Another fun thing I Iike to do from time to time is to play with my scraps.  Bonnie Hunter from Quiltville has been doing a a videocast doing this block and while I watch her I make my own blocks and be part of the community.

 
 
Took these pictures today of my garden; it's calling me to give it some attention.
But still rewarding me with it's beautiful camellias and...
 
And the first Spring rose !


 
Some more pictures I took last month in the city of my birth....Lisboa.