Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Table Runner, Scrap Fun and Quilt Show

 
I made this table runner with a bit of an Australian flavour.
 
 
Close-up of the quilting...
 
I try to follow Bonnie Hunter's method of organising fabric scraps and have a large box of 
1 1/2" squares. With these I have made already 60 Nine Patch blocks and I may end up doing Dancing Nine Patches quilt. 
For now I am happy just trying out new designs, using my scraps and if nothing comes of it they will not be UFO's but simply experiments.
And of course there is a quilt on my HQ18 which I am taking my time as well for the sake of practice and accuracy rather than trying to finish as fast as possible a project. 
 
 
I have a couple of "Honey Buns" pre-cuts and added a few of my own fabrics to came up with this.  Not sure if I will add more blocks or leave as it is but whatever happens it will be a good piece to practice my quilting skills.
 
 
This year's the theme at Quilts In the Barn exhibition was Dutch Chintz Quilts.
My photos did not came out too good but here are some.  The first two pictures were my friend Lynne's quilts and as usual she makes beautiful quilts no matter what style they are.
 
 
 
Loved the quilting here....
 

 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your lovely comments. Linda and her crew of hard workers do an amazing job each year, and I feel blessed to be asked to contribute for such a worthy cause. Hope you enjoyed the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely runner and great quilting.You're improving fast. Love your scrappy nine patches, I'm sure you'll make something nice with them.
    Loved to make the needle case, I hope to be sewing a little more. I'll keep you posted.
    Beijinhos,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Céla,

    Adorei os blocos coloridos e o seu table runner! Lindos trabalhos do Quilts no Celeiro! Acho interessante este tipo de apresentação. Tenho visto pela net muitos desses patchs.
    Beijinhos

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...