Pages

Quilting by Celia

Quilting by Celia

Monday, June 10, 2013

Birthday Quilt

I have made a few quilts for my brother over the years but he asked me to make him one for his 50th birthday coming up...
I didn't want to do anything traditional this time so the design is based on what he's special in his life.... his children, his vast book and art collection, his birthplace and his family..
 
 
 
All the fabrics are from my stash and I used a couple of techniques ; the letters from Tonya Ricucci's book "Word Play Quilts" and the blocks are sewn on paper foundation ending up as 4 1/2' squares.
 
As soon as I get an appropriate backing fabric it will be on the HQ18.
Has to be ready by late next month when we are going to be at his party ! Can't wait.
 
I also been doing some more charity quilts on the Handi Quilter to practice my skills.
 
 
 
 
 
 
For this one I tried different free motion on different blocks..
 
 
My garden at the moment...
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 



Long ago I used to do folk-art painting, this is my mailbox....
Wish I had time to do it still....



5 comments:

  1. Great quilt for your brother - such a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O quilt do seu irmão está muito bonito e principalmente cheio de significado.

    Também gosto muito, muito de seu jardim... creio que já lho disse muitas vezes não foi?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your brother is going to LOVE his birthday quilt - how generous of you to make it for him. I guess I should do more of that - I've given each of my parents a small quilted wall hanging, but nothing big enough for their beds - sigh. I'm seriously thinking of buying a HQ Sweet Sixteen quilting machine - sounds like you like your 18"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Celia,

    com certeza seu irmão irá adorar esta manta, que belo presente!!
    Que lindo jardim!! gosto muito de plantas e principalmente estão lindas as cores do outono nas folhagens.

    Beijinhos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Celia, I just stumbled upon your blog, as one does when they are blog surfing! I saw that you were at the Crow Girls Gathering in the Barn in March as I was as well but you must have been on the other day to me. One of your photos caught the table that I was on but I was missing, not my day. I had a great time there and the Girls are just hilarious, the tale of their journey over the Bight was side splitting funny. I am looking forward to the next one. Keep quilting.

    Gilll

    ReplyDelete

Enter comments here, I love to hear what you think...